Recipe: Yummy Fish Cakes
Fish Cakes. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish. Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal.
I stumbled upon this simple recipe that is fool proof!! Served with some nice lemon slices, this is a beaut. Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. You can cook Fish Cakes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Cakes
- Prepare 3 tins of tuna in salt water (you can also use hake that is boiled first).
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 slices of bread soaked.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh curly parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of spring onion.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh dhania chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of aromat.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need of Bread crumbs to coat.
- You need of flour to coat.
Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. See more ideas about Seafood recipes, Cooking recipes, Fish recipes.
Fish Cakes instructions
- Remove tuna from tin and strain the water. Add to a bowl..
- Remove water from soaked bread, break into pieces and add to tuna bowl..
- Add the rest of the ingredients – chopped onions, soaked bread, egg, chopped curly parsley, spring onion, chopped dhania, green chillies, salt, nutmeg, aromat, chilli powder, crushed garlic – to the bowl. Mix thoroughly..
- Mixture should not be watery. If it is, you can add bread crumbs and flour. Mould into circles and press down gently..
- Coat the fish cakes with bread crumbs..
- Shallow fry in oil until golden and crispy..
- Serve with tomato chutney, rice and mash..
Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish. Although some people enjoy them for breakfast, many others eat them for lunch and dinner as well. ⬇ Download fish cakes – stock images and pictures in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. Looking for the best Fish Cakes recipes? Get recipes like Tuna Patties, Salmon Patties and Cod Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish.