Salmon cakes. Salmon cakes can be served as sandwiches or without the bread as a main course. Be careful of heat because the cakes cook rather quickly. See more ideas about Salmon cakes, Fish recipes, Seafood recipes.
If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! You can have Salmon cakes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon cakes
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Salmon filets.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of small diced white onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of small diced Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
These salmon cakes are light, healthy and a perfect holiday appetizer! These salmon patties (salmon cakes) are incredibly moist, delicious and flavorful – they're also gluten-free, paleo and low carb. I've made them with fresh salmon, but you could also use canned salmon. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce.
Salmon cakes instructions
- Chop salmon filets in 1/4 to 1/3 pieces and mix well with bread crumbs, green peppers, red peppers, onions, lemon juice, minced garlic, old bay seasoning, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Portion out 1/4 cup of salmon mixture and use hands to form into 3/4 inch thick patties. Continue to portion. You should have about 8 patties.
- Place cakes on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and sit them in the freezer until surface moisture has evaporated..
- Add butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat..
- Add salmon cakes and cook until medium golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn cakes over and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Transfer salmon cakes to a plate lined with paper towel and serve..
A simple squeeze of lemon or lime does the trick for these fantastic Salmon Cakes. I get pretty sick of meat. However, my budget will NOT allow it. I need to talk to my sushi place and ask them to make me all fish rolls, leaving out. Salmon Cakes are salmon patties made with fresh salmon, which makes them really juicy and delicious.