Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake).
You can have Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake)
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of water.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil, for drizzling.
- It’s 1 cup of Scallion or spring onion, cut into small pieces.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Dipping sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated garlic and ginger.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of chili garlic oil (or as preferred).
Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake) instructions
- Gradually mix water into all-purpose flour. The resulting mixture will be a bit sticky..
- Knead for 3-4 solid minutes. Then cover with cling wrap or cloth and rest for 30 minutes..
- Once rested, Knead again for 2 minutes. You will notice that the dough is smoother and a little bit elastic by then..
- Divide the dough into four portions. Dust the table and the rolling pin with flour and roll out one portion of the dough into a rough rectangle about 1 mm thin. Remember that the thinner the dough is, the flakier it will be..
- Once rolled out, rub some oil on one side and season with a salt. Place the chopped scallion and out the dough and its scallion filling into a log. Try to make it tight as possible..
- From a log shape, coil it around itself so it looks like a snail shell. Pinch the end to get it to stick..
- Flatten out the now snail-shaped dough and roll out to a thinner disk. The thinner the disk is, the crunchier it will be. Do the same for the rest of the dough..
- Add a little oil in a non-stick pan and fry the disk until browned on one side. Flip and fry the other side..
- Cut into quarters and serve with a dipping sauce of chili oil, choice of vinegar, light sodium soy sauce, and grated garlic and ginger..