Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake). Apam Balik Cheese/Keju padu di Semenyih #durianstar #semenyih. Apam balik is a crispy and fluffy Asian pancake turnover filled with roasted peanuts, sugar, creamy sweet corn, some butter and then folded into half. I grew up eating and selling Apam Balik with my father and my siblings.
This soft pancake which is usually made to order has a thick surface with thin and crispy side. Terang bulan, Martabak Manis, Ban Jian Kuih, Min Jian Kueh, 曼煎糕. Apam balik. (Ban chien kuih, Martabak manis, Terang bulan, Chin loong pau, Min-jian-kue, Ban-jian-kuih, Dai gao min, 慢煎粿). You can cook Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake)
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 7 tablespoons of self rising flour (you can use normal flour as well).
- You need 3 tablespoon of white or brown sugar.
- You need 7/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 7/8 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s of Ovaltine chocolate malt powder.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- Prepare of Margarine or butter.
This sweet turnover pancake comes under various names throughout Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore. Regardless of the location, it can be prepared either in a. In English it would called a Pancake Turnover. It's also called Martabak Manis, Terang Bulan, Apam Pulau Pinang, Kue Bandung, Kuih Haji, Min Chiang Kueh, Hok Lo Pan, Ban Jian Kuih or Chin Loong Pau.
Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) instructions
- Beat egg and sugar until the sugar dissolved.
- Sieve self rising flour and baking powder into, stir well. Add on water gradually until the mixture become lightly thick liquid..
- Cover with plastic wrap, rest for ±1 hour.
- After resting, Mix 2 tablespoon of water with baking soda until the baking soda dissolved perfectly. Add the mixture into the resting batter..
- Heat up pan, grease with oil and margarine/ butter. Pour the batter, rotate the pan to make crispy thin crust around the edge..
- Cover the lid until the top surface of dough completely cooked, then sprinkle some sugar. Cover again ±2 mins.
- Turn off the fire, rub on margarine/ butter over the top surface..
- Sprinkle Ovaltine and grated cheese as topping.
Apam balik (may also be called Peanut Turnover, Ban Jian Kuih, Chin Loong Pau, Martabak Manis, Terang Bulan, Apam Pulau Pinang or Kuih Haji) is a type of pancake from Malaysia. Apam Balik is usually sold at specialist roadside stalls throughout Malaysia. Terang Bulan stand in Indonesia by Roman. If fried dough is one of the most popular pastry genres worldwide, sweet pancakes or crepes Terang Bulan is also popular in other parts of Southeast Asia under different names, like Martabak Manis and Apim Balik. Here is a recipe from Ridha's Kitchen.