Cannoli cupcakes. Cannoli Cupcakes combine two of the best desserts in the world (cupcakes and cannoli) to make one unforgettable indulgence! You get a perfect vanilla cupcake topped with a ricotta cannoli filling and a. These cannoli cupcakes from Delish.com are an Italian food lovers dream.
Cupcakes + Cannolis + Chocolate dipped Ice cream cones = Childhood dreams achieved! Cannoli cupcakes are inspired by the popular Italian dessert. Moist cinnamon cupcakes, topped with fluffy mascarpone buttercream and a sprinkling of chocolate chips and powdered sugar. You can have Cannoli cupcakes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cannoli cupcakes
- You need box of cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box.
- You need 1/2 c. of butter, softened.
- Prepare 8 oz. (1 block) of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 3 c. of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt.
- You need 1/3 c. of mini chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 c. of chocolate chips.
Cannoli cupcakes are made with light cinnamon cake and a creamy mascarpone frosting to create With everything from Red Wine Chocolate Cake to these Cannoli Cupcakes, you will want to make a. These Cannoli Cupcakes are a dessert lovers dream!! Chocolate Chip cupcakes with a hint of cinnamon are topped with a Cannoli Filing Frosting you have to try to believe!! Chocolate covered cannoli cupcakes are a delicious and impressive dessert.
Cannoli cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Prepare batter according to package instructions. Divide batter between cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes..
- Let cupcakes cool completely. Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and ricotta until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and beat until smooth and fluffy. Fold in mini chocolate chips..
- Transfer the frosting to a large pastry bag (or resealable plastic bag) cut with a large tip. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each cupcake to create a small well. Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake, filling the wells.
- Using 50 percent power and working in 30-second increments, microwave chocolate chips until the chocolate has just melted. Let cool slightly. Spoon the melted chocolate on top of the frosting.
- Let chocolate set slightly then serve..
They are stuffed and iced with cannoli cream and has a chocolate candy shell. You get a soft and fluffy vanilla buttermilk cupcake topped with a rich cannoli filling and it's finished with a silky smooth. These have nothing to do with cannolis. Just as yummy as cannoli purchased in an Italian bakery (but much easier to make), these sweet, tender cupcakes are topped with a frosting made with ricotta cheese. NEW this year is the Cannoli cupcake.