Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes
Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes. You have got to try this Mackerel Fish Cakes Recipe!! Yes, I know, whoever thought of making fish cake recipe out of Mackerel. Smoked mackerel fish cakes go well with this zesty chickpea salad.
Roll the fishcakes in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the egg, followed by the. These smoked mackerel fish cakes are just right. crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, packed with tons of flavour in every bite. Serve hot, with a side of lemon wedges for squeezing on top. You can cook Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes
- It’s 350 g of potatoes, diced and pre-cooked until tender,.
- You need 1 tin (125 g) of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried dill,.
- Prepare 1 of egg,.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp butter,.
- It’s of Cooking Oil for frying.
Making Fish Cakes with Tinned Fish. I am often to be found here bemoaning the seriously limited access I have to great fresh fish and seafood. This tinned mackerel recipe is just one way of me dealing with that. These easy-to-make smoked mackerel fishcakes with capers and horseradish are deliciously different and adaptable.
Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes instructions
- In a large bowl add the cooked potatoes and season with a little salt and pepper. Add the butter and then mash them up using a potato masher. Add in the dill and the tinned mackerel plus the egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything together until completely combined..
- Cover the mixture then refrigerate until the mixture becomes former and less sloppy in consistency. This shouldn't take too long, maybe 20-30 mins at most..
- Heat up a skillet or non stick frying pan and pour in a little oil. Whilst the oil heats up, take the fish cake mixture and form into patties, by first wetting your hands so it doesn't stick then rolling into balls and flattening down..
- Add the fish cakes into the hot oil and fry in batches over a medium heat until warmed through and golden on both sides. Leave on some kitchen towel to remove any excess oil then serve up and enjoy. :).
Made with chickpeas rather than potatoes, they are lower in carbs and higher in protein than regular fishcakes. Made the day before, they are perfect for a midweek supper and naturally. Mackerel is a super healthy fish to eat. It's quick and easy to cook and it's delicious. This page charts the process of catching fresh mackerel on a Scottish sea loch, getting them home and cleaning them, before cooking them up in a number of tasty ways.