Pajeon (spring onion pancakes). Flour, green onion, soybean paste, sugar, vegetable oil, water. So, this is a super easy recipe for a super delicious and very Korean meal. You can make this at home, probably right.
I adore Pajeon, the Korean savoury pancake of spring onions (scallions) that is eaten with a side dip. The word jeon, while often translated as pancake Honestly, Korean cuisine has so many different types of pancakes whose descriptions overlap each other, that it is easy to get confused with what is. Navigating a Korean supermarket as a newcomer can be intimidating. You can cook Pajeon (spring onion pancakes) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pajeon (spring onion pancakes)
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring onion.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of hot chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cups of seafood (prawns, squid, etc.).
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Aisles of dried fish and seasoned seaweed taunt the timid cook, while the size and variety of the kimchi section rivals that of emporium produce departments back home. Originating from the city of Busan in south-east Korea where it is eaten warm as a snack, haemul pajeon is a seafood and spring onion pancake. Add spring onion and sesame seeds, and stir to combine. Pajeon Recipe Plats Healthy Healthy Food Raw Food Food And Travel Magazine Vegetarian Recipes Cooking Recipes Vegetarian Korean Food Korean Dishes.
Pajeon (spring onion pancakes) instructions
- Chop the spring onions into 5cm pieces. Finely chop the pepper, and slice the onion and seafood into bite-sized pieces..
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the vegetable oil and mix well..
- Coat a large frying pan with about 3 tbsp vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Add about a quarter of the batter and flatten it into a large pancake..
- When the bottom has slightly browned, carefully lift up one side of the pancake and flip it. When both sides have browned, flip once more and remove from heat; the surface should be crispy. Repeat for every pancake..
Add remaining ingredients (Seafood and Spring Onion Pancake) and mix well to coat. Serve hot with the dipping sauce. Mushrooms and kimchi may be used to replace seafood mix for a vegetarian option. Today I'm going to share one of my favorite pancake recipe, Haemul Pajeon! It is super yummy, everybody looooooves it!!!