Atayef: Nut Stuffed Pancakes.
You can cook Atayef: Nut Stuffed Pancakes using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Atayef: Nut Stuffed Pancakes
- Prepare of For the batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need of Walnut stuffing:.
- It’s 300 g of walnuts, coarsely ground.
- Prepare 9 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosewater.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable oil for frying.
Atayef: Nut Stuffed Pancakes instructions
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and pour the syrup in a large bowl..
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- To prepare the walnut stuffing: mix all the ingredients together and set aside for later use..
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter..
- Put 1 tablespoon of the walnut stuffing on the uncooked side of each pancake. Fold pancake over the filling in the shape of half-moon and firmly press the edges together to seal..
- Fry the atayef pancakes in batches in hot vegetable oil until both sides are golden. Remove on a kitchen absorbent paper. Pour the sugar syrup over the atayef while they are still warm..
- Serve at room temperature or cold..