Crab Cakes. A crab cake is a variety of fishcake that is popular in the United States. It is composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard (typically prepared mustard, but sometimes mustard powder), eggs, and seasonings, particularly the cake is then sautéed, baked. Crab cakes are a classic entertaining idea when you feel like splurging a little!
Crab cakes should be all about the crab — no questions asked. They should be crispy on the Our crab cake recipe is intentionally unfussy. We've put crab meat at the center of the equation, and. You can cook Crab Cakes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab Cakes
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of old bay spice.
- You need 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 16 oz of lump crab meat.
- Prepare of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
See more ideas about Crab cakes, Crab recipes, Seafood recipes. These Maryland crab cakes get the stamp of approval from locals and out-of-towners alike. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have Dungeness crabs. Crab cakes are a great way to use leftover crab meat, but you can also buy packaged crab meat just to make crab cakes!
Crab Cakes instructions
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients but olive oil, crab meat, and bread crumbs..
- Fold in crabmeat being sure not to mix to much. You want the crab in chunks, not mushy..
- Fold in bread crumbs. Make cakes into desired size..
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add your crab cakes and cook on both sides until golden brown. Enjoy..
People in different regions use different seasonings in crab cakes, so feel free. This easy homemade Crab Cakes recipe couldn't be more DELICIOUS or easy! They're made with fresh lump crab meat, diced bell pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise and spices. Crab cakes are a stunning appetizer that's easy to make at home. Panko breadcrumbs help bind the Crab cakes are always on the menu at fancy restaurants, but why wait for date night or special.