Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk. Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over. I love using whole wheat pastry flour for this which is lighter than whole wheat flour, but still still milled from the whole grain, so nothing important has been The cultured buttermilk pancakes turned out beautifully. The ones I made with my own buttermilk were very runny, and while they tasted great.
In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and butter. Add the egg mixture to the pancake mix and whisk until combined. Easy, fluffy, incredibly soft pancakes made with part whole wheat flour. You can cook Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of corn meal.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 cup of buttermilk OR quality plain yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
You get a good dose of whole grain, and the recipe uses only a little sugar, a little oil, and an added egg white. Top them with fruit and I feel pretty good feeding them to my kiddos a couple days a week. Mix together milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Directions for: Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes.
Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk step by step
- mix dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine..
- Now that you have a great base, consider any of the following spins (all optional): cinnamon, apples, and chopped walnuts; blueberries; raisins; bananas; figs; pears; etc..
- Cook on preheated skillet with a little oil (I prefer the iron skillet for this rustic hotcake)..
Ingredients. ¾ cup whole wheat flour. In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter. Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until blended (a few lumps are OK). A combination of whole wheat flour, oats, cornmeal, and flaxseed flour give these pancakes lots of flavor. I usually like whole grain pancakes but did not care for these.