Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream). This chocolate birthday cake recipe calls for dark chocolate in the ganache to balance out the sweetness of the Nutella. For a more kid-friendly cake, use milk chocolate. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes.
Perfect as a birthday cake or for any special occasion. See more ideas about Cake, Cupcake cakes, Buttercream birthday cake. We've all experienced kids' birthday cake envy when other mums present an elaborate, three-tiered cake with handcrafted Disney figures that she swears she whipped up in a nanosecond. You can have Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream)
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (I use unsweetened).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 of vegetal oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste/ extract.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of expresso powder.
View top rated Chocolate birthday cake with chocolate buttercream icing recipes with ratings and reviews. Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Chocolate Frosting. Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. Vanilla-scented yellow cake combined with perfectly sweet milk chocolate buttercream will have you wishing it was someone's birthday everyday.
Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) instructions
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix dry ingredients (Coffee wont add any flavor, it will only enhance the chocolate flavor).
- Mix wet ingredients and add them to the dry mixture..
- Mix in medium speed (just as necessary).
- Divide into 2 (or more) pans depending on size. (I used 2 pans of 8' each for the cake in the picture).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes. DONT OPEN OVEN DOOR until the 30 min mark and then check with a knife..
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool and assemble..
- Look for my buttercream recipe to fill it and top it!!.
Texture: The cake is light, moist, fluffy, and tender while the buttercream is ultra rich, smooth, and creamy. Imagine tender moist chocolate cake covered with creamy chocolate frosting. So, I made him the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and I surprised him at his apartment while screaming Happy Birthday! This Chocolate Cake with a blackberry buttercream is decadent and insanely delicious. This Ultimate Sundae Birthday Cake has layers of moist chocolate cake, vanilla sprinkle buttercream, chocolate buttercream, and caramel buttercream -then it's covered in vanilla frosting and decorated with sprinkles, ganache, caramel, cherries and more!