Eddie's 1st Birthday Cake. A child's first birthday is a very special occasion. It commemorates all the ways they have grown in the last year, from a mostly sleeping infant to a mobile little person. It's very common to choose a blue-colored cake for a baby boy.
Remove cupcakes from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. This healthy first birthday cake is made with whole grains and natural sweeteners, but it is so fun and festive to celebrate the big day! The cake tastes like maple and vanilla, with a slightly tangy yogurt frosting. You can have Eddie's 1st Birthday Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eddie's 1st Birthday Cake
- You need 200 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 200 g of softened butter.
- You need 200 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 TSP of baking power.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need of Decoration.
- It’s of Ready to roll icing.
- Prepare of Decorations to suit.
- Prepare 200 g of white chocolate.
- You need 200 g of double cream.
We like to top it with fresh fruit for a simple and fresh finish. The first birthday is the most important day for kids and parents too. Make your wishes beautiful and unique. These are our favorite simple birthday cakes that anyone can make – even if you haven't made a birthday cake before!
Eddie's 1st Birthday Cake step by step
- Mix all of the cake ingredients together in a bowl.
- Butter your baking tin and pour the mixture in evenly.
- Pop in the oven at 190C for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the cake cool..
- Add the chocolate and double cream in a bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir and then let cool until it is a thick paste..
- Add the mixture to the top of the cake, ideal for a drip effect. Once nearly dry, add your final decorations..
When we were growing up, my Mom always made our birthday such a big deal. She would ALWAYS go out of her way to make our day special and one of the ways that she did. The cake flavor was white with butter cream icing. We used fondant hand made with marshmallows for the decoration. This cupcake presentation is an economical way to have several.