Orange Roll Cake. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack. Place seam side down on a serving platter.
Remove the tray and peel carefully the parchment paper. Cut with a knife the edges of the cake. Using the towel, start rolling the cake gently from one short end to the other (remove the towel as you rolling). You can cook Orange Roll Cake using 19 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Roll Cake
- You need of For Cake.
- It’s 80 gm of Cake Flour (sifted twice).
- It’s 30 ml of Oil.
- Prepare 50 ml of orange juice (Filtered).
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 60 gm of Sugar.
- You need 1 drop of Orange food colouring- optional.
- Prepare of For Filling.
- You need of Zest of 1 orange.
- You need 200 ml of heavy Cream whipped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of For Design – Optional.
- It’s 10 gm of Flour.
- It’s 10 gm of Soft unsalted Butter.
- It’s 10 ml of Egg white.
- Prepare 10 gm of Icing Sugar.
- You need As needed of Food colouring of your choice.
Line bottom and sides with waxed paper; grease paper. Beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Orange Roll Breakfast Cake is a sweet orange cake with an orange cream cheese glaze. It tastes like an orange roll without all of the work!
Orange Roll Cake step by step
- Begin with Design on cake, this is optional. You can skip this entire process and begin with cake and it's filling preparation directly.
- Design : Cut out parchment paper of size of baking tray of 33*19 cm pan and grease top well. Select design required and place it below parchment paper. Place over board for ease of handling.
- Mix all ingredients mentioned under Design section except food colouring. Incase mixture is too thick, only then add few drops of water.
- Add required food colouring gel and whisk well. If multiple colours are required, then divide mixture into various bowls and mix required colours.
- Pour the mixture into piping bag, seal it and cut very small portion at tip.
- Now pipe the mixture on top of parchment paper based on design template.
- Tap the design gently. Freeze the parchment paper placed on board as is for 35-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170. Grease baking tray of 33*19 cm pan and keep it aside.
- In a bowl whisk egg whites. Gradually add 30 g sugar to it and Whip to form peaks.
- In a bowl, whisk milk oil and orange juice. Keep it aside.
- Whisk egg yolk in a bowl with 30 g Sugar. Add milk mixture and blend well.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Add food colouring if required and blend well.Slowly add egg whites mix to flour mixture and mix well..
- Carefully place design parchment paper in greased baking tray. Pour cake batter carefully over parchment paper and gently spread all over. Tap tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm to touch. Do not over bake as this is very thin cake. Keep eye on cake after 8th minute.
- Rest cake on counter for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile spread powdered sugar on top of parchment paper..
- Flip cake tray on parchment paper and tap on top.
- Gently lift tray and peel parchment paper on top of cake.
- Place a parchment paper on top of cake..
- Now place tray or board on top and immediately flip the cake again. You can dust off the sugar or leave it as is.
- Start rolling the cake while it's still hot. If you allow to cool, the cake will start breaking or have cracks while rolling.
- Now cover it with kitchen towel and wrap from all sides. Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add whipped cream and sugar. Blend well.
- Add orange zest and blend well.
- Unwrap the cake and now gently evenly spread the filling.
- Now roll the cake again. Wrap with parchment paper or towel and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Orange Rolls may be one of the most glorious foods on the planet but they are so time-consuming. Once your dough is rolled out the rest is a piece of cake…or roll:) Just combine the marmalade salt and melted butter. Spread that on top of your dough. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and remaining orange zest.