Brunch Sweet Potato Cakes. Sweet potatoes lend moisture and sweetness to a healthy and light breakfast cookie. Sweet potatoes are a colourful addition to any meal – not to mention a nutritious one. You can feel good about adding sweet potatoes to your vegetable rotation.
I pureed the sweet potato rather than mashing it, and I only had to bake my cake for about an hour. I am a pastry chef & am very fussy about my cakes, and I will be using this one again. How To Make Delicious Layered Potato Cake Recipe for Brunch Whether you're hosting a fun event such as brunch, an OSCAR party or even a football party with. You can have Brunch Sweet Potato Cakes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brunch Sweet Potato Cakes
- You need of For the potato cakes:.
- You need 1 of large sweet potato (approx 300g).
- It’s 115 g of flour.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of harissa paste.
- You need of For assembly:.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 120 g of coconut yoghurt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of harissa pasta.
- It’s of Fresh parsley, chopped.
From sweet potato fries to sweet potato chili, sweet potato burgers – they're baked, boiled, mashed and smashed! Mashed sweet potato cakes tend to be a lot more delicate than normal mashed potato cakes. When flipping them, do so gently or they may break apart on you. Also, I always make these with breadcrumbs.
Brunch Sweet Potato Cakes step by step
- Peel and grate the sweet potato. Add the potato to a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Add the potato, flour, egg whites and to a bowl, season well and combine..
- Shape into 4 potato cakes. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, over a medium heat, fry the potato cakes for 4-5 mins each side or until golden brown and crisp..
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan of simmering water for 2-3 mins you want runny yolks. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain carefully on kitchen paper..
- Spread some of the harissa in the middle of two serving plates and top with a spoonful of the coconut yogurt. Top with a potato cake, then add more yoghurt and then another potato cake, add another spoonful of the yoghurt then top with a poached egg. Drizzle around the plate with more harissa and scatter over the chopped parsley. Serve immediately!.
The times I've tried these with flour, they come out gooey in the centre. This Sweet Potato Cake With Pecan Streusel is a real treat for cozy fall moments. The simple homemade cake batter is kept There is nothing like a cozy fall brunch – right? The crisp air, the colourful leaves, the autumn smell in the air… It's just the perfect setting for a warm. As they cook, the potatoes and cheese tend to get soft, so be gentle when flipping.