Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake. This is my version of making steamed (coconut) layer cake. If you give this recipe a try, let me know how it turns out. Great recipe for Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake.
For the coconut lover, a teetering creation of tender sour-cream cake, coconut filling, and piles of seven-minute frosting. This recipe yields a six-layer cake. However, if you prefer the look of five layers, the extra cake layer makes a delicious snack. You can cook Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake
- It’s of Part A.
- Prepare 1 sachet of 3-in-1 coffee + 10 ml hot water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa powder + 25ml hot water.
- It’s of Part B.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 125 g of sugar.
- It’s of Part C.
- Prepare 150 g of low protein flour/ superfine/plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of Part D.
- It’s 100 ml of melted butter/corn oil.
- You need 200 ml of coconut milk.
Three layers of perfectly moist chocolate cake with a hint of coffee and cardamom, filled with a silky smooth chocolate, coffee and cardamom swiss This cake is heavenly. I love the flavour of chocolate with coffee and cardamom, I've kept them both quite subtle so that they enhance rather than. You can use regular cocoa and coffee instead of water, like is used in this cake. For the frosting, replace the Kahlua with water and add an additional Keywords: coffee chocolate cake, kahlua cake, coffee dessert, coffee flavored cake, coffee frosting, layer cake, layer cake recipe, best chocolate.
Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake step by step
- Prepare ingredients in Part A. Set aside. Get other ingredients ready too. Get the steamer ready. Cover the lid with tea towel. I used non stick bread pan for this cake. Size: 24 × 13 × 6.5cm or 9 1/2 × 5 x 2 1/2 inches..
- Note: A tea towel or a cloth covering the underside of the lid is necessary when steaming cakes. The idea is for the cloth to collect any condensation so that it doesn't fall onto the surface of the cake. Another important thing to note is that, the water in the steamer should be (already) boiling before steaming the cake. If at all you need to add water into the steamer while steaming, boil water in a kettle or pot and once boil, pour it immediately into the steamer..
- Cream ingredients in Part B till light and fluffy. Set aside..
- Sift together ingredients in Part C..
- Add C into B mixture in few parts. Do not add everything in one go..
- Once everything is well-mixed, add in Part D (melted butter and coconut milk) alternately. Mix batter in between additions..
- Divide batter into 3 equal portions. Add coffee to one portion, cocoa to another & leave another one plain..
- Steamer should be ready before steaming the cake. Pour 1/3 cup, or more depending on how thick you want your layer to be, of cocoa batter into the baking pan. Steam layer over medium heat for 5-8mins. Remove the lid, take another 1/3 cup of coffee batter and layer it on top of the first one. Steam again. Next add a layer of the plain batter. Do the same with the rest of batter. Steam the very last layer of the batter for extra 20mins..
- Once done, leave cake in the cake pan to completely cool before cutting or serving..
These Heavenly Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes, made with cocoa and strong hot coffee, are the most decadent and moist cupcake you'll ever enjoy! As if this chocolate layer mocha cake wasn't enough, it's made with strong coffee and mascarpone cheese. Sift cocoa powder into large bowl; add espresso powder. Slowly pour cream over cocoa mixture, whisking until cocoa is completely dissolved. Find cocoa cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.