You can cook Dad's Pancakes using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dad's Pancakes
- You need 1 cup of All purpose white flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Old fashioned oats.
- You need 1 cup of Wheat germ.
- You need 1 cup of Corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Pecans, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 3 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 cup of Buttermilk.
Dad's Pancakes instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs & buttermilk.
- Let batter rest for 10-20 minutes before cooking.
- Cook on a griddle at 350 F, using about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake.
- Leftover pancakes are fabulous popped in the toaster the next day!.
- ***the nutmeg and cinnamon amount should be only 1/4 teaspoon each, but I'm not able to change it on the recipe***.