Basic fairy cakes. These party favourites are great to make with the kids, because they're such an easy bake. Fairy cakes are perfect for baking with kids: they're a quick, easy and yummy introduction to cooking and you can let their imagination run wild with the decorations! Fairy cakes are dainty, colourful, and delicious.
Twins Harriet and George have loads of fun decorating fairy cakes this week! It only requires an adult to put them in the oven. This is a recipe for basic fairy cakes. You can have Basic fairy cakes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic fairy cakes
- Prepare 140 g of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 140 g of caster (or granulated) sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 50 g of cornflour.
- You need 2 of medium eggs.
- Prepare of Icing.
- Prepare 600 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
To decorate:This picture shows them with buttercream. I cut a piece out of the finished bun, added a blob of jam. This recipe will provide you with the basic fairy cake, which is great for them adding your own decorating depending on the time of year. This easy fairy cake recipe is the perfect afternoon tea treat.
Basic fairy cakes instructions
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy..
- Add 3 eggs and mix to combine.
- Fold in flours, gently lifting the mixture to add air. This gives super light and fluffy cakes..
- Scoop into paper cases and pop in the preheated oven (170C) for 20 minutes or until golden on top and springy when pressed gently..
- Set aside to cool before icing. Mix icing sugar and water well into a smooth paste. Cover cakes and allow to set before enjoying. Decorate if preferred or add sprinkles for a quick treat..
Kids and adults alike will love the fluffy sponge, vanilla buttercream and sweet strawberry jam. See more Baking recipes at Tesco Real Food. You can decorate them as creatively as you like! #fairycakes #easycakerecipe. Fairy cakes recipes: Find top-rated recipes for Fairy cakes, reviewed and rated by passionate cooks and chefs. With just a little tweaking, fairy cakes can be turned into grown-up fare as well, perfect for a The basic recipe is oh-so-simple so you can keep it plain or indulge yourself with extravagant toppings; for.