Espresso Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
You can cook Espresso Chocolate Chip Pancakes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Espresso Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of +2tbsp flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tsp of instant espresso powder.
- It’s of espresso glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tsp of instant espresso powder.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Pancakes instructions
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter. Let melt..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, espresso powder and salt. In a small cup, whisk together the buttermilk and egg. Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, do not over-mix. Lumps are fine..
- Check the griddle for heat: you should be able to hold your hand a few inches from the surface for 5 seconds. Ladle heaping ¼ cups of pancake batter on the griddle. Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips..
- Let pancakes cook on one side until bubbles form around the edges, and the underside is brown when you peek at it. Flip the pancakes, and cook another few minutes until done..
- While the pancakes cook, make the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar and buttermilk until a runny sweet sauce perfect for drizzling over pancakes forms. Just before serving, stir in the espresso powder. I wait to stir in the powder before serving so that the espresso granules stay crispy. I love the bite. But, if you would prefer a smoother sauce, stir the espresso powder in with the sugar..
- To serve, divide the pancakes between two plates and drizzle with espresso glaze. Dig in..