Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers. In this tutorial I am showing you how to frost a buttercream cake. Another mini series coming your way! Check out this three-tier buttercream cake with blue hydrangeas and see more inspirational photos on TheKnot.com.
DIY Valentine's Heart Cake Tutorial with Whipped Cream. Gorgeous Cakes Pretty Cakes Amazing Cakes Mini Cakes Fancy Cakes Cupcake Cakes Cake Cake Decorating Hack ! Rainbow Cake using a cookie cutter to shape the rainbows. You can cook Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers using 22 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers
- You need of (A) For the Cake:.
- It’s 55 of grams/6 Tablespoons Cake flour.
- Prepare 35 of grams/5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 20 of grams/2 Tablespoons + 45 grams/5 Tablespoons Granulated sugar (Divided).
- It’s 33 of ml/3 Tablespoons Milk.
- It’s 3 of Egg yolks (Room Temperature).
- You need 3 of Egg Whites (Room Temperature).
- Prepare 1/4 of th Teaspoon Cream of tartar.
- Prepare of ——————————————.
- Prepare of (B) For the Buttercream:.
- Prepare 227 of grams/2 sticks Unsalted Butter (Room temperature).
- Prepare 330 grams of Powdered/Confectioners/Icing sugar (Sifted).
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Whipping cream (Room temperature).
- Prepare of As required Icing color gel.
- It’s of —————————————————.
- It’s of (C) For the Chocolate Flowers:.
- Prepare 85-90 grams of White Chocolate.
- Prepare of As required Oil based gel colors.
- You need of As required Sugar Pearls.
Buttercream icing cake design easy to make. white chocolate and raspberry cake with vanilla buttercream. A wide variety of mini heart shaped cake pan options are available to you, such as material, feature, and certification. Easy Buttercream Piping Technique by Cakes StepbyStep. I bake my cake on the shape of a ball.
Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers instructions
- (A) To make the cake: Melt butter & salt over low heat. Add the milk. Keep whisking. Add 20 grams sugar. Cook just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Let it cool. Transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the cake flour. Add all the egg yolks at once. Mix with the help of a balloon whisk until combined. *Do not over-mix..
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds with an electric beater. Add the cream of tartar. Whisk again for 30 seconds. Add 45 grams sugar little by little. Keep whisking on high speed until stiff peaks form (About 3-5 minutes)..
- Turn a small amount of the egg white mixture to the egg yolks mixture. Mix well. Now, pour all of the yolk mixture to it. Fold until just incorporated. *Very important: Do not stir..
- Fill 3/4th of a heart shaped mini cake pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil & flour dusting. Tap the filled pan a couple of times on the counter top to get the air bubbles out..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 120 Degrees C/250 Degrees F for 23 minutes. *This cake is supposed to be Off-Whitish/Yellowish. Do not over bake or brown it. Baking time depends on the size of the pan. Do a Cake Test with the help of a toothpick. It should come out clean..
- (B) To make the Buttercream: Place butter & sugar together in large mixing bowl. *Use a Stand Mixer or an Electric Hand Mixer. Start with low speed..
- Mix until light, smooth, silky & fluffy at medium-high speed. (*Should be done in less than 5 minutes in a Stand Mixer. 7-8 minutes if using a Hand Mixer). Add the Vanilla, Cream & Color. Mix for 30 seconds..
- Pour in a Piping Bag with your favorite Icing Tip/Nozzle attached & decorate the cake. I used Wilton Tip # 224) for the Hydrangeas..
- (C) To decorate the Cake: Apply a thin layer of the Buttercream with the help of an offset spatula to cover the top of the cakes so that the original color doesn’t show..
- Take a disposable Piping Bag. Place the Icing Tip in it. Cut off the tip of the bag to insert the Icing Tip. Fold the bag outwards into almost half. Fill the Buttercream with an offset spatula. *Do not touch with your fingers/hand. The butter will melt from your body heat. Fill only half the bag. Unfold the folded part upwards & twist it at the top..
- Squeeze the Buttercream gently so that it reaches the tip. It’s a good idea to practice a little bit on a piece of parchment paper before you begin decorating. The practice icing on the parchment paper is reusable..
- Start Icing from the edges & go inwards. Apply equal amount of pressure for consistency..
- Do the same with the 2nd & 3rd layer. Decorate the layers after placing them on the cake. Refill the bag as required..
- (D) Chocolate Flowers: Chop the Chocolate finely with the help of a serrated knife. Begin chopping from a corner. It’s easier to chop that way..
- Place 3/4th of the chopped Chocolate in a medium sized glass bowl. Place it on top of a small sauce pan with about 2 inches of water..
- Heat over low heat. Stir constantly when the Chocolate starts melting. Remove from heat once the Chocolate melts completely. Add the rest of the chopped Chocolate. Stir gently. This is known as “seeding” the “tempering”..
- Add color of your choice with the head of a toothpick. Keep adding & mixing until the desired color is achieved..
- Cut the inner tube of a paper towel roll into two. (Shown below) Cut two long strips of parchment paper. These will be used as “shapers” for the petals. The petals need to have a slight curvature..
- Place a small dollop (just about half a teaspoon) of the melted chocolate on the left side of the parchment paper. (Shown below)..
- Use a round-ended stainless steel spoon to make the petals. Three strokes will make one petal. Make 5 small & 5 large petals. Place the parchment paper in the shapers & refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Let them set..
- Take them out when set. (Take out the larger petals first). Spread about a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the middle of a square piece of parchment paper..
- Carefully pick up the large petals & place them on over the melted chocolate making sure the petals stick well. Now, take out the small petals from the refrigerator..
- Place about a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the middle of the flower & place the small petals in between the large petals. Place a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the middle again. Arrange a few Sugar Pearls. Freeze for 5 minutes..
- Place the flower on the cake before serving..
Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. Amazon's Choice for heart shaped mini cake pans. Mini vanilla hydrangea cakes with buttercream icing. #hydrangeacake…» Gift these mini heart-shaped cake to all of your loved ones this Valentine's Day. Mini Heart-Shaped Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mini heart-shaped chocolate cakes, lavishly decorated with melted white chocolate, icing and sprinkles.