Coconut Upside Down (Mini Sponge) Cake. Delicious recipe of Mini Pineapple Coconut Upside Down Cake and yes Keeping It Simple Ingredients #HowToMakeUpsideDownPineappleCake #HowToMakePinacoladaCake. Coconut extract is added to a traditional pineapple upside down cake to turn it into a pina colada pineapple upside down Brownie Desserts Oreo Dessert Mini Desserts Coconut Dessert Homemade Desserts Healthy Recipes. This Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake has a layer of bananas and coconut with a brown sugar sauce infusing every bite.
Be the first to rate & review! Low Carb Pineapple Upside Down Cake Joy Filled Eats. These mini pineapple upside-down cakes with coconut cream are a scrumptious mini dessert sure to please fans of pina colada drinks. You can have Coconut Upside Down (Mini Sponge) Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Upside Down (Mini Sponge) Cake
- You need of A. Creamed.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 C of fine/castor sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ovalette or any cake emulsifier.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pandan paste (optional).
- Prepare of Food colouring.
- Prepare of B. Combined & mixed.
- You need 1 C of coconut milk.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need of C. Sifted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 C of corn flour.
- You need of D. Coconut topping.
- It’s 2 C of grated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tapioca flour/corn flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
A blend of pineapples and coconut make this scrumptious dessert a crowd pleaser. Adding the whipped cream takes the made-from-scratch yellow cake that much. I find upside down cakes to be one of the most wonderful cakes. They are very easy to make and they look fantastic.
Coconut Upside Down (Mini Sponge) Cake instructions
- Preparation : Prepare steamer. Grease moulds generously with cooking oil. Sift flour. Next, prepare the topping by mixing D. Steam D for 5 minutes. Skip steaming if using freshly grated coconut. Scoop a tsp or a tbsp of this grated coconut into the moulds (just enough to cover the bottom of the moulds) and press it down firmly with your thumb or finger. Set all these aside. Next, prepare the batter..
- Using a mixer, cream A until it is light and fluffy. Add in B and mix on low speed for a minute or two or until batter is well-mixed. Stop the mixer..
- Fold in C in batches and mix until well combined..
- Fill the moulds with batter and steam on high for 10-12 minutes. Note: water in the steamer should be boiling when steaming and steamer lid is wrapped in tea towel..
- Remove mini cakes from moulds when they are slightly cool..
- Fridge friendly. Microwave 30-40 seconds before serving..
This delicate upside down cake is made with coconut cake batter, flaked coconut and a caramelize pineapple topping! When you're making this cake at home, let it hang out on a wire rack once you take it out of the oven to allow the pineapple to cool down a bit, it will be piping hot out of the oven! The sponge mix works great for cupcakes (you'll see some coconut lime GF cupcakes on here soon!) and for family sized bakes like this. These individual cakes with a cherry on top are a lovely way to finish off a special Sunday lunch, from BBC Good Food magazine. Spread over sponge and bake at same temperature.