How to Prepare Yummy Old Fashion Doughnuts
Old Fashion Doughnuts. The best thing about these doughnuts, however, is that you can make them at home. Deronda demonstrates how to make delicious OLD FASHIONED CAKE DOUGHNUTS in this video! This doughnut is slightly crispy on the outside yet light and fluffy.
They have a simple, but delicious taste and are incredible eaten while they are fresh and warm. Here's another great old recipe I found. These are a little heavier than your typical cake doughnut. You can have Old Fashion Doughnuts using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Old Fashion Doughnuts
- You need of Ingredients A :.
- You need 2-1/2 cup of Cake Flour.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Ingredients B :.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of Shortening.
- Prepare of Ingredients C :.
- It’s 2 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Glaze :.
- Prepare 3-1/2 Cup of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 Cup of + 1 tbs Hot milk/water (more if too thick. if too thin add more powdered sugar).
Old-Fashioned Doughnuts recipe: Try this Old-Fashioned Doughnuts recipe, or contribute your own. The first time I made homemade doughnuts my son ran into the kitchen and exclaimed "It's like a party in the kitchen!". Whether you spell it doughnuts or donuts, Grandma's Old-Fashioned Doughnuts are the BEST! Serve up these cakey beauties plain or coated all around in cinnamon sugar.
Old Fashion Doughnuts step by step
- Beat ingredients B in low speed about 1 minute until sandy..
- Add egg yolk and beat in medium speed until light coloured and thick..
- Alternately add ingredients A and the sour cream in three separate addition, starting and finishing with the dry ingredients. Mix in low until all combined..
- Cover and put in the fridge for 45 minutes to 24 hours..
- Flour the work surface then roll out the dough about 8 inch diameter..
- Cut with doughnut cutter..
- Fry them in medium heat about 325F. Do not overcrowd the frying pan. Once the doughnuts float, fry for 15 seconds, then gently flip them. Fry for 75 to 90 seconds, until golden brown and cracked, then flip and fry the first side again for 60 to 75 seconds, until golden brown. Transfer to a rack set over paper towels..
- Glaze : Mix all the ingredients until smooth. To glaze, dip one side of each hot doughnut into the warm glaze, and let dry for 10 to 15 seconds before serving..
Old-Fashioned Donuts are made with simple ingredients. Cakey fried Chocolate Old Fashioned Doughnuts with sour cream, a thick luscious glaze, and no yeast! The beauty of an Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Doughnut might seem too fancy to accomplish at home but it's not as hard as it seems. With the right recipe and steps (for example, NEVER underestimate. Classic Sour Cream Doughnuts are the perfect companion to coffee.