Banana and Caramel Nut Cake. Two layers of moist banana cake are topped with a luscious caramel frosting, a sweet and salty caramel sauce, crunchy walnuts and sweet banana slices. Top with the second layer of cake then add remaining frosting. Just before serving top with the bananas* and nuts, then drizzle over.
This moist banana cake is finished with a cooked caramel icing. The layered cake is made with nuts in the batter and sprinkled over the top. Homemade caramel sauce is swirled throughout this cake, so it walks the edge between a cake and an old-fashioned English pudding, absolutely silky with banana and gooey streaks of caramel that create strata of even moister cake layered with that burnt, brown sugary richness. You can cook Banana and Caramel Nut Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and Caramel Nut Cake
- You need 50 g of granulated sugar (about 1/4 cup) (A).
- Prepare 100 ml of water (about 1/2 cup) (A).
- You need 2 tsp of Grand Marnier.
- It’s 3 of eggs at room temperature.
- Prepare 70 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 70 g of granulated sugar (1/3 cup) (B).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of milk.
- You need 200 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of granulated sugar (C).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter (D).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar (D).
- You need 1 Tbsp of water (D).
- It’s 30 g of mixed nuts.
Our most trusted Banana Nut Cake With Caramels recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. This Caramel Banana Nut Poke Cake is all the things you have ever dreamed of, in a cake, and more. A poke cake is a cake that has many holes poked into it.
Banana and Caramel Nut Cake instructions
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 360F. Place parchment paper on a 9.5 inch × 11 inch square pan. Make a syrup for a cake: In a milk pan, melt the sugar (A) in the water (A) over low heat. When it cools, add the Grand Marnier..
- In a milk pan, put sugar (D) and butter (D) and water (D) over low heat. When it turns a caramel color, turn off the heat and add the nuts. Spread the caramel nuts on parchment paper. Let it cool and when it's rock solid, chop it!.
- In a big bowl. Combine the eggs and sugar (B), and beat it with a electric mixer until it becomes a dense foam..
- Fold in sifted flour with a spatula 1/3 at a time until it's smooth. Add milk and gently mix..
- Pour the batter into the pan. Lift and drop the pan on the counter to pop the air bubbles..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, upside down onto parchment paper. Let it cool..
- Add the sugar (C) to the heavy cream then whip it. Slice the banana..
- Cut the cake and place in a dish. Brush syrup on the cake and cover with whipped cream..
- Place bananas on top. Repeat in layers, scattering caramel nuts on the top..
- Ta-da! Scoop it out as you like!.
- You can also use a cookie cutter and layer the cake like this..
- Or, you can also put it into a small jar. Good for a gift..
This is usually done with a fork, or the end of a wooden spoon. A sweet sauce or liquid, such as caramel or. Amazing Caramel Banana Nut Cake made with soft, moist banana cake, delicate caramel cream cheese frosting, walnuts and more caramel topping. Gingerbread cake layers and caramel buttercream paired with gingerbread streusel and homemade caramel. If the caramel topping is still calling to you, despite my warnings that it is terrifically sweet and hardens once set, just be sure to serve it warm, before it does.