How to Prepare Yummy Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake)
Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake). Klappertaart is one of the dishes my mom used to make at home. She would make a big batch when she threw a dinner party for friends and family. It was often requested and easy to make for a big crowd.
It is super good warm, great at room temperature, awesome chilled. So basically you can serve it anytime you want :DGive this tar… Klappertaart is a Dutch-influenced Indonesian cake originating from Manado, North Sulawesi. It literally means "coconut cake" or "coconut tart", which is made from flour, sugar, milk, butter, as well as coconut flesh and juice. You can cook Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake) using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake)
- Prepare of Mixture A:.
- Prepare 18 oz of whole milk.
- It’s 70 gr of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Mixture B:.
- It’s 3/4 cup of pure young coconut water.
- Prepare 50 gr of corn starch.
- It’s 20 gr of all purpose flour.
- It’s 6 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Mixture C:.
- It’s 400 gr of shredded young coconut fruit.
- It’s 100 gr of raisins.
- Prepare 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of spiced rum.
- You need of Meringue Topping:.
- It’s 1/2 cups of egg white.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need of Raisins.
- It’s of Roasted Almond Flakes.
Klappertaart is a dessert from Manado, North Sulawesi. The interesting part about this dish is that it contains remarkable Dutch influences, reflected from its name meaning 'coconut cake' or 'coconut tart'. The crunchy taste of coconut is deliciously contrasting with the soft texture of the mousse with. Klappertaart (Indonesian Coconut Pudding/Cake), adalah dessert Klapertart Bandung – Coconut Choux Cake.
Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake) instructions
- In a sauce pan, put the Mixture A over low heat to melt. Stir welP.
- Put the mixture B in a mixer bowl, set to low speed or whisk it gently. Mix the Mixture B to Mixture A in the saucepan and continue stirring in low heat to prevent from clumping..
- Once the mixture is thicken, turn down the heat then put the Mixture C in. Stir well. Pour the mixture in a tin/aluminum foil..
- Meringue Topping: Using the hand mixer, whisk the egg white in medium speed and gradually pour 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to soft peak (foamy texture, it is soft and when you turn your whisk upside down it will start to hold but eventually melt after a second)..
- Pour the meringue on top of the Klappertaart mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder, raisins, and almond flakes..
- Preheat the oven to 350 F then oven baked the klappertaart for 30 minutes..
- Set aside and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!.
Instead of steamed, this klapertart from the city of Bandung is baked in an oven. It literally means coconut cake or coconut tart, which is made from flour, sugar, milk, butter, as well as coconut flesh and juice. Baked Klappertaart is a Dutch-influenced Custard Indonesian Cake Originating from Manado, North Sulawesi. Literally Means Coconut Cake Made from Flour, Sugar, Milk, Butter, and Coconut and Baked. Klappertaart is a Dutch-influenced Indonesian cake originating from Manado, North Sulawesi.