French Apple Cake. With chunks of sweet apples nestled in a tender and buttery rum cake, this French apple cake is the essence of simplicity. It's slightly buttery with a crumbly outside texture, and it's incredibly moist throughout. This traditional French cake is the definition of simplicity.
This French Apple Cake is super easy, can be made very quickly, and transforms into a fancy cake perfect for a dinner party or special occasion. Plus, all the ingredients are easy to find. How to make this Classic French Apple Cake. You can cook French Apple Cake using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Apple Cake
- Prepare of for cake mixture:.
- You need 150 grams of All purpose sifted (plain) Flour.
- It’s 130 grams of Sugar.
- You need 3 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 of Whole eggs.
- You need 60 of mili litre oil.
- You need 100 of mili litre milk.
- It’s 3 of apples(can use regular ones, but green apples can do wonders for this cake).
- You need of FOR FROSTING (icing):.
- It’s 1 of whole egg (optional).
- You need 80 grams of melted butter.
- It’s 100 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
The recipe begins by selecting your apple variety for this cake: choose apples well-suited for baking such as Fiji, Honeycrisp, Mutsu, Jonagold or Braeburn. This French Apple Cake begins with sautéing the crisp apples in butter and sugar. My favorite way to eat this French Apple Cake is to pair it with a sweet whipped cream. Our French Apple Cake beats apple pie any day.
French Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree celcius.
- For the batter, add flour, sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt to a mixing bowl..
- Mix dry ingredients using a whisk then add 2 whole eggs, oil and milk.
- Continue whisking, until there are no lumps and set aside.
- Pour into a well buttered non stick cake pan (mould)..
- Peel and core the apples then cut into eight, dice each wedge into three into pieces..
- Place them evenly on top of cake mixture and into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- For frosting: Melt the butter in microwave or a saucepan.
- In another mixing bowl, add the sugar, and egg..
- Mix well using a whisk then add the melted butter..
- Add the lemon zest and mix well.
- Remove cake from oven, (cake should be cooked in centre, check with a skewer first).
- Pour the frosting (icing) mixture over the cake, ensure it covers all then replace in oven and bake for another 12 minutes..
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 10 minutes. Run a blade along the inside of the cake pan to separate the cake.
- Tips: If you serve warm, you can choose to serve a slice with a dollop of vanilla ice creme or if served at room temperature, drizzled with some sugar dusting on TOP. Enjoy!.
Forget the crust and make this simple French This simple dessert is less cake than sautéed apples set in a thick, buttery custard encased in a. French apple cake is a classic French dessert that is more of a custard-like cake. It is filled with apples and blended with just enough flour, eggs, butter, and sugar to bind it together. Most of the Apple Cake recipes I've tried have cinnamon, so much so that it was a given that if it's This cake has a very tender buttery crumbs with a bite of apple chunks and a very subtle rum flavor. This French Apple Cake is an apple-based cake that also tastes like a pie.