Fish cakes. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish. Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal.
I stumbled upon this simple recipe that is fool proof!! Served with some nice lemon slices, this is a beaut. Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. You can cook Fish cakes using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish cakes
- Prepare 8 of big potatoes peeled and cooked.
- It’s 2 cups of salmon or (any fish of your choice).
- It’s 1/2 cups of finely chopped parsely.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 1 table spoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 table spoon of white pepper.
- You need 2 spoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tea spoon of ginger.
- You need to taste of Salt and seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped Habanero peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of finely chopped Onions.
- It’s 3 of big sized eggs.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. See more ideas about Seafood recipes, Cooking recipes, Fish recipes.
Fish cakes instructions
- Allow the potatoes to cool down and then mashe them.
- Pieces the fish in medium chunks.
- Combine the mashed potatoes, fish, onions, parsley and habanero peppers together.
- Add curry powder, salt and seasoning to taste and mix well.
- Form a medium shaped paddy.
- Mix white pepper, black pepper and salt to the corn flour.
- Break and whisk the egg, add ginger powder, 1/2 spoon black pepper.
- Deep the paddies in the corn flour.
- Then dip in the eggs.
- After dipping in the eggs coat them in breadcrumbs and shallow fry in oil.
- Serve with ketchup or any dressing of your choice.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley leaves for garnishing.
- Can be taken with teaas breakfast or dinner.
Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish. Although some people enjoy them for breakfast, many others eat them for lunch and dinner as well. ⬇ Download fish cakes – stock images and pictures in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. Looking for the best Fish Cakes recipes? Get recipes like Tuna Patties, Salmon Patties and Cod Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish.