Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. Super-moist banana chocolate chip cupcakes topped with milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled frosting. Frosting: Combine butter and peanut butter and mix on medium speed until combined. Slowly add powdered sugar mixing until incorporated.
These cupcakes, slathered with rich peanut butter frosting, are like a banana bread recipe gone, well, bananas. Add cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth. You can cook Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Prepare of CUPCAKES.
- Prepare ½ cup of unsalted butter , softened to room temperature.
- Prepare ½ cup of brown sugar.
- You need ¾ cup of sugar granulated.
- You need 3 of eggs large , room temperature.
- Prepare 1 ½ cups of banana mashed (3 large ripe s).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of cinnamon ground.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s ½ cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of chocolate semi-sweet chips.
- You need of PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of peanut butter creamy.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter , softened to room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of icing sugar confectioners '/.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of heavy cream.
Spread frosting over top of cupcakes, dividing equally. Peanut butter and bananas are a perfect match in this banana cupcake recipe with a decadent peanut butter and cream cheese frosting. If you're in a banana and peanut butter mood, these are the perfect cupcakes to have! Both flavors balance perfectly, one doesn't overpower the other.
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 2 Muffin Trays (standard 12 cupcakes) with Cupcake liners..
- In your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using hand held mixer), beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until creamed..
- Now set the mixer to low speed and add one egg at a time, beating well between additions..
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla, beating on low speed for about 1 minute..
- In a separate medium bowl, Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions, stirring by hand after each addition..
- Add the buttermilk and stir gently until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop the batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Bake each batch for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean..
- Allow to cool completely before frosting..
- [b]Peanut butter frosting[/b]: In your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using hand held mixer), beat the peanut butter and butter on medium speed until creamy and completely smooth for about 3 minutes. Do not rush any of these steps..
- Now add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until combined..
- Add the cream and mix on high for at least 2 minutes until creamy. Add a pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet..
- The frosting will turn lighter in colour if combined properly. They turn from a brown peanut buttery colour to a pale whitish coloured frosting..
- Frost the cooled cupcakes in any way you desire. I used the Wilton 1M tip to create pretty “rose” like frosting on the cupcake. To get this particular look you need to start piping from the center of the cupcake and move out. Follow the gif for a better idea..
- You can top it with a slice of fresh banana or a chunk of Cadbury flake as I have or some chocolate sprinkles if you'd like and then you can go ahead and enjoy the yumminess..
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator..
Moist banana cake topped with peanut butter frosting, with a sprinkle of crushed salty/sweet honey roasted peanuts on top. Who doesn't love a PB & B sandwich? This classic flavor combo makes a great cupcake: moist banana cake, peanut butter frosting, and a blizzard of crushed salty/sweet. Moist and spongey vegan banana cupcakes topped with peanut butter frosting. These easy to make cupcakes are light, fluffy and smell wonderful while baking!