Recipe: Delicious ~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake
~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake. · This Jewish Apple Cake recipe is moist and packed with sweet apples and cinnamon. It features a crunchy apple cinnamon topping Be sure to grab a slice Incredibly delicious and moist Jewish Apple Cake from Mom's vintage recipe. Baked in a bundt pan and filled with the wonderful flavors of autumn.
Allow cake to cool in an upright position. May be frozen for future use. A lot of Jewish apple cakes come out dry but this cake is very moist and delicious. You can have ~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake
- Prepare of Apple Mixture.
- You need 5 medium of Gala Apples.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need of Dry Batter Ingredients.
- It’s 3 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Wet Batter Ingredients.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Glazed Icing (Optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
The only difference I made in the recipe was to follow my friends advice and mix the cinnamon/sugar with the apple slices instead of sprinkling the cinnamon and sugar over the apples. Learn how to make a jewish apple cake with this easy-to-follow step by step tutorial. This Jewish Apple Cake recipe is moist and packed with sweet apples and cinnamon. It features a crunchy apple cinnamon topping Be sure to grab a slice Your Jewish Apple Cake looks delicious!
~Shamrok's~ Catholic Girl's Jewish Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease Tube/Bundt Pan..
- In Medium Bowl: Pare and slice 4-6 apples. Add 5 Tbsp. Sugar and 2 Tsp. Cinnamon. Mix gently together with fork (or hands). Set aside..
- In Large Mixing Bowl: Mix Dry Ingredients (Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder) together and set aside..
- In Small Bowl: Beat 4 Eggs until foamy. Add 1 Cup Oil and 2 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla. Beat thoroughly until foamy..
- Add Wet Ingredients to the Large Mixing Bowl with the Dry Ingredients until completely mixed. The mixture will be very thick..
- Layer Batter & Apple Slices: Add 1/3 of the batter mixture to the bottom of the prepared Tube/Bundt Pan. Add a 1/3 of the sliced apples as a layer in the pan. Repeat with another 1/3 of the batter, then 1/3 of the sliced apples. Add the last of the batter, then top with the remaining sliced apples. Drizzle the liquid from the apple bowl over the entire top layer of apples..
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 1 hour 15 – 1 hour 30 minutes. Insert toothpick to center of cake and if it comes out clean, it's done..
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack still in the pan..
- Prepare Glaze: In small bowl, add 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar, 5 Tbsp. Milk, and 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla together and mix until smooth. Get out all the lumps..
- Remove cake from Tube/Bundt Pan and place on serving plate. Drizzle Glaze over plated cake. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. (Delish served when still warm!) L'chaim!.
Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. This Jewish Apple Cake Recipe is the most delicious Apple cake you will ever have. Grated Apples, Cinnamon baked in a bundt pan. My brother-in-law made this Jewish Apple Cake for us a couple years ago when we were visiting. We liked it so much we've been making it ever since.