Orange Roll Cake. The key to making a nice Swiss roll (i.e. getting the cake rolled without breaking it) is a piece of soft and moist sponge cake. Orange Roll Breakfast Cake is a sweet orange cake with an orange cream cheese glaze. It tastes like an orange roll without all of the work!
The outside of the cake is decorated with orange in syrup, that makes from cutting the whole orange. Delicious orange roll cake with excellent presentation, confectioned with sugar, eggs, flour, orange When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle the cake with sugar. The most tricky part of making a Swiss roll is getting the cake rolled without breaking it, this can be easily done if you have. You can cook Orange Roll Cake using 19 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Roll Cake
- You need of For Cake.
- It’s 80 gm of Cake Flour (sifted twice).
- You need 30 ml of Oil.
- You need 50 ml of orange juice (Filtered).
- It’s 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 60 gm of Sugar.
- It’s 1 drop of Orange food colouring- optional.
- Prepare of For Filling.
- It’s of Zest of 1 orange.
- You need 200 ml of heavy Cream whipped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s of For Design – Optional.
- You need 10 gm of Flour.
- Prepare 10 gm of Soft unsalted Butter.
- You need 10 ml of Egg white.
- It’s 10 gm of Icing Sugar.
- It’s As needed of Food colouring of your choice.
Best Homemade Orange Rolls are sticky, lush, and doughy. They're easy to make , fluffy and Homemade orange sweet rolls are so tasty. A traditional cinnamon roll shakes hands with tangy. Light and fluffy Orange Rolls will be your new breakfast go-to recipe.
Orange Roll Cake instructions
- Begin with Design on cake, this is optional. You can skip this entire process and begin with cake and it's filling preparation directly.
- Design : Cut out parchment paper of size of baking tray of 33*19 cm pan and grease top well. Select design required and place it below parchment paper. Place over board for ease of handling.
- Mix all ingredients mentioned under Design section except food colouring. Incase mixture is too thick, only then add few drops of water.
- Add required food colouring gel and whisk well. If multiple colours are required, then divide mixture into various bowls and mix required colours.
- Pour the mixture into piping bag, seal it and cut very small portion at tip.
- Now pipe the mixture on top of parchment paper based on design template.
- Tap the design gently. Freeze the parchment paper placed on board as is for 35-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170. Grease baking tray of 33*19 cm pan and keep it aside.
- In a bowl whisk egg whites. Gradually add 30 g sugar to it and Whip to form peaks.
- In a bowl, whisk milk oil and orange juice. Keep it aside.
- Whisk egg yolk in a bowl with 30 g Sugar. Add milk mixture and blend well.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Add food colouring if required and blend well.Slowly add egg whites mix to flour mixture and mix well..
- Carefully place design parchment paper in greased baking tray. Pour cake batter carefully over parchment paper and gently spread all over. Tap tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm to touch. Do not over bake as this is very thin cake. Keep eye on cake after 8th minute.
- Rest cake on counter for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile spread powdered sugar on top of parchment paper..
- Flip cake tray on parchment paper and tap on top.
- Gently lift tray and peel parchment paper on top of cake.
- Place a parchment paper on top of cake..
- Now place tray or board on top and immediately flip the cake again. You can dust off the sugar or leave it as is.
- Start rolling the cake while it's still hot. If you allow to cool, the cake will start breaking or have cracks while rolling.
- Now cover it with kitchen towel and wrap from all sides. Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add whipped cream and sugar. Blend well.
- Add orange zest and blend well.
- Unwrap the cake and now gently evenly spread the filling.
- Now roll the cake again. Wrap with parchment paper or towel and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake Recipe made with orange zest, cardamom, chocolate frosting, and topped Swiss Roll is all about the swirl created between sponge cake and a delicious creamy filling! View top rated Orange cake roll recipes with ratings and reviews. Spiced Orange Cake, Mandarin Orange Cake, Recipes Two Easy Eggless Orange Cakes with Oats and whole-wheat, etc. Line bottom and sides with waxed paper; grease paper.