Sourdough Apple Pancakes.
You can cook Sourdough Apple Pancakes using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Apple Pancakes
- Prepare of Dry Mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon (or more- to taste).
- It’s of Wet Mix.
- Prepare 2 medium of Apples (diced, shredded or mashed).
- You need 1 cup of Sourdough starter.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 2 of Eggs, beaten slightly.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter, unsalted and melted.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla (or more- to taste).
Sourdough Apple Pancakes step by step
- Preheat griddle or pan.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in one medium bowl.
- Mix together all wet ingredients in another medium bowl.
- Add dry mix to the wet mix, stirring with a spoon, and mixed until it has an evenly wet texture throughout and have small to medium cups.
- Use your favorite nonstick method (butter, oil, nonstick spray, etc.) on heated griddle..
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. (If cooking multiple pancakes at a time, leave about 1-2 inches between each.).
- Flip pancakes when they have both pulled through the top and started to dry/harden around the edges. Cook until other side is at desired color (pale, golden, dark brown, etc.).