Crab Cakes. A crab cake is a variety of fishcake that is popular in the United States. It is composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard (typically prepared mustard, but sometimes mustard powder), eggs, and seasonings, particularly the cake is then sautéed, baked. Crab cakes are a classic entertaining idea when you feel like splurging a little!
Crab cakes should be all about the crab — no questions asked. They should be crispy on the Our crab cake recipe is intentionally unfussy. We've put crab meat at the center of the equation, and. You can have Crab Cakes using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab Cakes
- You need 16 oz of canned crabmeat, drained.
- You need 1/2 c of old-fashioned oats.
- You need 1/2 c of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 c of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1-1/2 T of lime juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
See more ideas about Crab cakes, Crab recipes, Seafood recipes. These Maryland crab cakes get the stamp of approval from locals and out-of-towners alike. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have Dungeness crabs. Crab cakes are a great way to use leftover crab meat, but you can also buy packaged crab meat just to make crab cakes!
Crab Cakes instructions
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed..
- Firmly form into 6 patties, about 1/2" thick..
- Bring large skillet sprayed with cooking spray to medium heat. In batches, cook patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side..
People in different regions use different seasonings in crab cakes, so feel free. This easy homemade Crab Cakes recipe couldn't be more DELICIOUS or easy! They're made with fresh lump crab meat, diced bell pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise and spices. Crab cakes are a stunning appetizer that's easy to make at home. Panko breadcrumbs help bind the Crab cakes are always on the menu at fancy restaurants, but why wait for date night or special.