Recipe: Perfect Big Mashed Potato and Apple Cake
Big Mashed Potato and Apple Cake. Ashley teaches Bridget how to make Mashed Potato Cakes. Italian Apple and Pear Cake with Raisins. These potato cakes are oven baked with melting soft buttery insides and a slightly crispy outside.
Form two tablespoons of the potato and apples into patties and fry, turning while golden brown. Our best Thanksgiving dessert recipes, starring pumpkin, apples, pecans, sweet potatoes and cranberries. (Stacy Zarin Goldberg for The Washington Post; food styling by Lisa Cherkasky for The Washington Post). These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! You can have Big Mashed Potato and Apple Cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Big Mashed Potato and Apple Cake
- It’s 40 grams of Butter (melted).
- Prepare 100 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 160 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs (at room temperature).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of Apple.
- It’s 300 grams of Sweet potato.
- You need of Mix together and sift.
- It’s 250 grams of White flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. Of all the new recipes I've made recently, these Parmesan Potato Cakes are one of the biggest hits in my kitchen. This recipe is simple, requires little ingredients, and. Transform cold, leftover mashed potatoes into a whole new side called tater cakes, with these delicious mashed potato croquettes.
Big Mashed Potato and Apple Cake instructions
- Measure out your ingredients. Peel the apple and sweet potatoes and chop them into 1 cm chunks. Soak the sweet potatoes in water..
- Put the butter in a large bowl and melt in the microwave. Next, mix in the ingredients from the list, starting at the top, one at a time..
- First, mix in the apples and sweet potatoes with a whisk, then with a rubber spatula..
- Last, add the dry ingredients. Mix until there are no flour streaks, but avoid over-mixing..
- Line the baking sheet with some cooking paper and pour the batter on top. It will feel rather heavy and appear chunky..
- Bake in an oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes until it has browned. Once baked, transfer from the pan onto some newspaper..
- Please give the sister recipe a try."Cocoa Powder Brownie".
Using leftover mashed potatoes and just a few basic ingredients, you can fry up this delightful and inexpensive dish in a snap. Just a comment to some reviewers regarding appearance: This recipe is for only one big pancake which does not require flipping while cooking. Forming leftover mashed potatoes into patties and pan-frying them is easily the most delicious thing you can do with leftovers. If you're swimming in leftover mashed potatoes after all your guests have come and gone, look no further than these pancakes. You've made a big batch of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving (perhaps the Slow Cooker Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes we posted yesterday?) and you end up with leftovers on your hands.