Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks.
You can have Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks
- It’s of Flapjack batter.
- You need 1 can of creamed corn (15 oz).
- You need 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need of Cajun Shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of large shrimp (in the shell).
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of scallions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks step by step
- In a medium bowl combine the batter ingredients..
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet for each flapjack. Cook in batches until the bottoms are golden and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the flapjacks and finish cooking (approx 1 minute more). Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Place the cooked flapjacks into an oven safe dish and keep warm in an oven heated to about 250°..
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the shells..
- In a medium bowl, toss the peeled shrimp with the Cajun seasoning..
- Place the shrimp shells into a shallow saucepan with the water and the cayenne. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half (approx 5 minutes). Drain the shrimp broth into a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the shells..
- In a large non stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat until it ripples. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour into the oil and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture turns rich Brown in color (3-5 minutes)..
- Add the garlic and scallions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken..
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook just until cooked through and appear pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and cover to keep warm..
- When ready to serve, place a flapjack or two on each plate and top with the shrimp and sauce..