With lots of pieces of apple, this apple and cinnamon traybake is quick and easy to make and packed full of flavour. A perfect everyday treat that is made for At this time of year I start to find myself with a glut of apples, we have three mature trees in our holiday cottage garden and they produce a lot of fruit. A Delicious Spiced Apple Crumble Traybake Cake with a Sweet Apple & Cinnamon Sponge, and a Homemade Crumble on top! You can have Tray-bake Apple Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tray-bake Apple Cake
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 3 of Apples.
- Prepare 200 ml of Walnuts.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 120 grams of Sugar.
- You need 100 ml of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 dash of Lemon juice.
Just wondering if this could be frozen for later. I can't eat a whole tray bake on my own! A delicious traybake cake that's quick to throw together. Apples are baked on top of a deliciously moist sponge cake.
Tray-bake Apple Cake instructions
- Peel the apples and cut into 4 – 6 even wedges. Then cut them into 7 mm slices..
- Soak the apples in salted water (not listed), to avoid discolouring, and drain..
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together twice..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the sugar and mix well. Add the vegetable oil and mix further, and add the vanilla extract and lemon juice..
- Add the apples and walnuts to Step 5 and mix. Add the dry ingredients from Step 3 in 2 3 batches. Fold in with a wooden spatula to prevent the batter from getting sticky..
- Pour the batter from Step 6 into the baking tray and smooth out the surface. The apples and walnuts stick out, so press them with the wooden spatula to make the batter flat..
- Bake for 35 40 minutes at 170℃ until golden brown..
- When it's baked, cut the cake and it's done The cake is very soft when it's hot. So wait until it cools down a little before you cut, otherwise it may crack..
- It's also delicious with raisins instead of walnuts..
Enjoy a slice plain or take it to Spread cake mixture onto prepared baking tray, cover with apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice and raisins, if using. Bake in preheated oven for. "A beautifully decorated cake with layers of fresh apple and Chiquita banana, and a soft Chiquita banana flavored sponge. This apple crumble tray bake is so simple to make and delicious too. With a sweet cinnamon infused topping and a soft almond sponge, this cake combines a classic apple crumble recipe with a nutty, moist almond sponge. Made for our bake sale for Bake-A-Wish as part of the Make-A-Wish.