Vickys Amazake Apple Cake, GF DF EF SF NF. Add in the amazake, syrup, oil, apples and raisins. Stir into a thick but pourable batter add a few tbsp of rice milk or milk of choice as needed. See recipes for Pickles made with "Amazake" too.
See great recipes for Berry ice-'cream' – can be vegan, Rose and cardamom tea too! These cookies are faster and easier than making a whole carrot cake. Following a bad day, I decided to bake a cake. You can have Vickys Amazake Apple Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Amazake Apple Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 150 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 50 grams of maize flour.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of & 3/4 tsp baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 jar of brown rice amazake (160g).
- It’s 5 tbsp of golden syrup / rice syrup.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of apples, peeled, cored & diced (220g).
- It’s 30 grams of raisins (optional).
- It’s of Milk of choice as required, I used rice milk.
No recipe and never made before. This cake is allergy friendly. enjoy. Baking with amazake is seriously fun and tasty! #amazake #baking #nonsugar #fermented #lohas #guiltfree. Great recipe for Vickys Bananas Foster, GF DF EF SF NF.
Vickys Amazake Apple Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & flour a loaf tin.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum (if using gluten-free flour) and salt together.
- Add in the amazake, syrup, oil, apples and raisins.
- Stir into a thick but pourable batter add a few tbsp of rice milk or milk of choice as needed.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until golden and the top is springy. You can test in the usual way with a toothpick.
- Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely then slice. Serves 8 slices.
- Recipe can be doubled, bake for 45 minutes then cover with foil so it doesn't burn on top and bake a further 15 – 20 minutes. Serves 8 large slices to halve.
- Amazake is a great discovery I've made! The only ingredients are a grain such as rice or millet, salt and water but it tastes very sweet, almost like pudding. It's generally used to make a hot drink by mixing it with hot water but I've used it here as an egg replacer. It works brilliantly!.
I love Bananas Foster, we have it a lot at home. I mostly use rum extract or extra vanilla instead of actual rum for the kids and I like to It's low GI and low salt and the over ripened bananas replace the sugar. Apple Coffee Cake (Paleo, GF, DF). Top with maple syrup or pineapple juice or ? This luscious apple coffee cake is spiced with cinnamon and cloves, topped with toasted walnuts and served with a vegan coconut caramel sauce.