Shrimp Cakes. These light, pan-seared shrimp cakes are moist and tender, covered in a crisp panko crust. Serve them with a crisp green salad to make it a meal. Shrimp cakes are popular in coastal cities in China where shrimp are plentiful.
These easy Shrimp Cakes are such a good weeknight meal. They're made with shrimp and sweet potatoes mixed with garlic and other spices. Serve with tartar sauce and coleslaw! You can cook Shrimp Cakes using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Cakes
- Prepare of cakes———–.
- You need 1 cup of dehydrated baby shrimp.
- It’s as needed of water to rehydrate the shrimp.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of diced onions.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s of sauce 1——–.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped onion finely.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Horseradish prepared.
- It’s of sauce 2————-.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Horseradish prepared.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare of frying———–.
- You need as needed of cooking oil.
These chunky little shrimp cakes from F&W's Justin Chapple are spiked with scallions, lemon and smoked paprika, and served with an almost-instant spicy mayo. Easy and the best Thai shrimp cakes made of shrimp, red curry paste, long beans and coconut milk. Learn how to make these amazing appetizers with the step-by-step recipe. Switch things up and make shrimp cakes instead of crab cakes.
Shrimp Cakes instructions
- Rinse the shrimp. Cover with water and set aside. Let them rehydrate for 30 minutes to an hour. I drained most of the liquids and put into refrigerator overnight..
- Mix the ingredients to sauce #1. Set aside..
- Mix ingredients to sauce #2 and set aside..
- Drain all the water possible of the shrimp it's ok to use some of it.
- Mix the flour, salt, onions, paprika, parsley flakes, garlic, egg, and shrimp..
- Set aside..
- Heat the oil and pan fry the cakes. I spooned the mix into the hot oil.
- Turn when the first side is done and crispy..
- Fry the other side crispy and done..
- Move to paper towels and repeat till done..
- Serve with sauces, I hope you enjoy!.
Fried shrimp cakes are made with crackers and onion. Serve these fabulous shrimp cakes as an entree or make them small and serve as an appetizer. They could be served in sandwiches as well. Your friends and family will love them! Pat down shrimp cakes with the back of your scoop to flatten slightly.