Amagwinya(Fat cakes). I finally made a video on how I make amagwinya. Please let me know in the comments sections if you have any questions. Amagwinya Aka Vetkoeks Aka Puff Puffs
Magwinya is also known as fat cakes or amagwinya or vetkoek or puff puffs. To any Tswana-speaking person, magwinya, also known as fat cakes, need no introduction. Pour half a cup of warm water and yeast in a jug so it starts bubbling. You can cook Amagwinya(Fat cakes) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amagwinya(Fat cakes)
- It’s 6 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 sachet of yeast.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of Luke warm water.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Mix all the dry ingredients together and pour the yeast mixture and stir. Amagwinya (fat-cake) is one of South Africa's traditional dishes. From my knowledge and experience, it is something very easy to make but many people still get it wrong. (Fat Cake, Amagwinya, Magwinya, Fetcooks, Mafatcooks). vetkoeks amagwinya fat cakes. Vetkoeks South African aka Fat Cake, crispy outside and warm and fluffy inside filled Well, It is about time to take a break and try out this South African, Iconic Street food, Vetkoek, also known as fat cake.
Amagwinya(Fat cakes) step by step
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water bit by bit and mix until all the ingredients have combined (the dough must not be too wet).
- Leave the mixture in a warm place for the dough to rise or double in size.
- Cut the dough into your desired size or shape and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your desired filling (mince,French, etc).
However, it was her fat cakes analogy in response to the question about the cancellation of a Today we found out a new definition of flabbergasted and how to make amagwinya from the State Capture. A fat cake or fried bread. Dough that is deep fried into a beautiful golden brown colour. Amagwinya became a popular bread to make during our South African lockdown period. I am back again with yet another video this week on how to make Amagwinya which is also known as Vetkoeks.