Jewish Apple Cake. Jewish apple cake is a dense cake made with apples which originated in Poland, but is now sold mostly in the U. A lot of Jewish apple cakes come out dry but this cake is very moist and delicious. The only difference I made in the recipe was to follow my friends advice and mix the cinnamon/sugar with the apple slices.
My brother-in-law made this Jewish Apple Cake for us a couple years ago when we were visiting. We liked it so much we've been making it ever since. We just so happen to have hundreds of apples in. You can have Jewish Apple Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jewish Apple Cake
- It’s 4 of apples peeled and grated.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare of sugar 2 cups.
- It’s 4 tsps of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tsps of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
Jewish Apple Cake is traditionally served during Rosh Hashanah to ensure a sweet New Year, but who Time to make your own Jew-licious Apple Cake. This cake borders on a breakfast bread, so I. Layer the batter and apples in a greased tube pan. **pour some batter–then layer it with apples–then switch back and forth until it is all used up**. · This Jewish Apple Cake recipe is moist and packed with sweet apples and cinnamon. It features a crunchy apple cinnamon topping Be sure to grab a slice before it's all gone.
Jewish Apple Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Oil and flour your cake pan and set aside. I would have used a bundt pan but I recently got rid of it and never actually replaced it, so a regular round cake pan was used instead..
- Peel and grate 4 apples and place in a bowl..
- Take another large bowl and beat the 4 eggs. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla and continue to whisk away until it is well creamed..
- The rest of the dry ingredients go in next: flour, baking power, cinnamon and salt. Mix well until combined.
- Slowly add in the grated apples and fold in to the batter until it is well blended..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake until the cake is fully cooked through (a tooth pick should come out clean when poked into the cake). Took me about 45-50mins.
- Let the cake cool completely before flipping it out of the cake pan..
- For the finishing touch, dust it off with some icing sugar and serve!.
This Jewish Apple cake is the perfect recipe to welcome fall. It is moist, delicious and packed with lots of fresh picked apples. Jewish apple cake gets a healthy makeover in this low-fat, reduced-sugar recipe made with white Place a cake plate face down on the bottom side of the cake, and holding both plates, flip the cake. It's hard not to get inspired by all things apple. One of our favorite apple recipes comes from an old college friend who lives on the east coast.