Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll. Find Tasty Flavors Including Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, Mint Fudge & More! Choose From a Variety of Delicious, Carb-Conscious Frozen Desserts From Breyers®! Find Out How To Make Ice Cream Cake.
I also used a new product called the easy cake roller with this cake. Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll step by step. Seperate eggs, whites in one large bowl a nd yolks on another. You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll using 21 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll
- You need of For Chocolate Cake Roll.
- It’s of cake flour.
- It’s of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of cream of tarter.
- It’s of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of confectioner's sugar for dusting.
- It’s of For Filling.
- You need of about 6 cups strawberry ice cream, softened.
- You need of For Whipped Cream Frosting.
- Prepare of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Chocolate Ganache Drizzle.
- You need of milk chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need of tablespoonsp heavy whipping cream.
Cover and allow ro come to room temperature. Place ice cream scoops on the cake in an even line, starting with chocolate, then the strawberry and vanilla. Smooth each line of ice cream out, being careful not to mix the flavors. Tightly roll the cake back up, this time without the towel.
Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 by 1 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray, line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with bakers sprahy.
- Seperate eggs, whites in one large bowl a nd yolks on another. Cover and allow ro come to room temperature.
- Whisk in another bowl the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until it forms glossy peaks.
- Beat egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until light in color and increased in volume.
- Fold in flour/cocoa powder mixture until well combined.
- Fold in egg whites in 3 additions until uniform.in color.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 2 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around edges of pan to un stick any parts of the cake from the pam and invert cake on to powdered sugar dusted cake roller.
- Roll warm cake up in cake roller. Place seam side down on rack and cool completely before filling.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake, carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Fill Cake with Strawberry Ice Crea,.
- Quickly spread softened strawberry ice cream onto cakes surface.
- Roll cake up using cake roller to help and place seam side down on parchment paper, cover and freeze 7ntil frozen.
- MAKE Whipped Cream Topping.
- Beat Cream to soft peaks.
- Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until firm peaks form.
- Cover frozen cake roll with whippedcrea. Return to freezer and prepare chocolate drizzle.
- Make Chocolate Drizzle.
- Heat cream until hot but not boiling in the microwave or stove top. Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit one minute, then stir smooth. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle over cake, freeze until set.
- Slice andServe with fresh strawberries.
Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Ice Cream Roll is a chocolate cake filled with strawberry ice cream then it's rolled up, topped with chocolate icing and served frozen! This glorious frozen treat makes a wonderful impression and well worth the effort! My good friend and neighbor Julie loves to bake, and made this festive Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Ice Cream Roll for her special Valentine's. Moist chocolate cake is rolled around creamy strawberry ice cream for a classic chocolate covered strawberry taste.