Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll
Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll. Learn how to make a delicious Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake with only four ingredients. For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. This easy chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake features a rich chocolate sponge cake rolled with your favorite ice cream flavor, drizzled with dark chocolate ganache.
The cream filling is a strawberry cream cheese frosting. It's sweet and tangy with strong strawberry flavor Hi Tricia! I actually haven't yet, I'm so sorry. You can have Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll using 21 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll
- You need of For Chocolate Cake Roll.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar for dusting.
- You need of For Filling.
- You need of about 6 cups strawberry ice cream, softened.
- Prepare of For Whipped Cream Frosting.
- It’s 11/2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 11/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Chocolate Ganache Drizzle.
- You need 1 ounce of milk chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1 ounce of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1 of tablespoonsp heavy whipping cream.
Let me know if you find a chocolate roll that you love. When I say this Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake is light years ahead of those cakes. I'm not being mean, or stuck up. Just totally blown away by homemade fresh ice cream cakes.
Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 by 1 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray, line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with bakers sprahy.
- Seperate eggs, whites in one large bowl a nd yolks on another. Cover and allow ro come to room temperature.
- Whisk in another bowl the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until it forms glossy peaks.
- Beat egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until light in color and increased in volume.
- Fold in flour/cocoa powder mixture until well combined.
- Fold in egg whites in 3 additions until uniform.in color.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 2 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around edges of pan to un stick any parts of the cake from the pam and invert cake on to powdered sugar dusted cake roller.
- Roll warm cake up in cake roller. Place seam side down on rack and cool completely before filling.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake, carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Fill Cake with Strawberry Ice Crea,.
- Quickly spread softened strawberry ice cream onto cakes surface.
- Roll cake up using cake roller to help and place seam side down on parchment paper, cover and freeze 7ntil frozen.
- MAKE Whipped Cream Topping.
- Beat Cream to soft peaks.
- Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until firm peaks form.
- Cover frozen cake roll with whippedcrea. Return to freezer and prepare chocolate drizzle.
- Make Chocolate Drizzle.
- Heat cream until hot but not boiling in the microwave or stove top. Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit one minute, then stir smooth. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle over cake, freeze until set.
- Slice andServe with fresh strawberries.
They are SO much better than Dairy Queen Ice Cream cakes! Re-roll the filled cake, and place it seam-side down on a serving plate. Trim the edges for a clean appearance. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to slowly and artistically drip down the sides. Place ice cream scoops on the cake in an even line, starting with chocolate, then the strawberry and vanilla.