Old Fashioned German Apple Cake. Why We Love This Old Fashioned German Apple Cake. This classic apfelkuchen is unlike traditional cakes. A slice is begging to be topped off with a scoop of ice cream or served up alongside a cup of coffee.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. If you like apple cakes then you must try this German Old Fashioned Apple Cake. You can have Old Fashioned German Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned German Apple Cake
- You need 4 cups of apples, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s To taste of Cinnamon and nutmeg, for topping.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 8 oz. of pkg cream cheese, softened.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
It does not need any special ingredients so you can make it any day. Enjoy this cake with a cup of coffee or tea, and serve it with whipped cream or a warm Vanilla Sauce with some vanilla ice cream. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool. Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping.
Old Fashioned German Apple Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer beat together sugar, oil and eggs..
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in separate bowl..
- Slowly incorporate into mixer of wet ingredients..
- Fold in the chopped apples..
- Place cake mixture into a greased 9×13 dish..
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before making frosting..
- Once cake has cooled completely, make your frosting by adding the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to mixer until well combined..
- Spread evenly over cake..
Sprinkle over top of apple layer. Prepare glaze: combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Serve cake still warm or can be served cooled. German Apple Cake (Versunkener Apfelkuchen) is a traditional German dessert that is so easy to make even if you aren't totally kitchen confident! With a simple batter that rises up and bakes around the apples this easy apple coffee cake is the perfect everyday dessert that tastes best with a dollop of whipped cream on top.